Acupuncture, Trigger Points and Musculoskeletal Pain 3rd Edition
Peter Baldry - Author
This new edition of this highly successful book describes how musculoskeletal pain can be simply and effectively treated by acupuncture. Building on a thorough review of the scientific evidence available, the provides a detailed and practical account of the many different forms of musculoskeletal pain and the specific ways in which acupuncture can be applied effectively to trigger points to alleviate this pain. Case studies are included to aid diagnosis and choice of treatment.
- Evidence-based, up-to-date, and detailed information on trigger points, musculoskeletal pain, and the physiology of pain provide the most authoritative assessments available on this topic.
- Practical, step-by-step treatment guidelines help readers apply key concepts to actual practice.
- Clear illustrations demonstrate important techniques and areas of pain and needling.
- Expanded coverage of fibromyalgia and the neurophysiology of myofascial trigger points includes common symptoms and treatments.
- More information on new treatment options for the common problem of whiplash injuries.
- Expanded chapter on fibromyalgia
- Expanded chapter on the neurophysiology of myofascial trigger points
- Revised and updated throughout to include all relevant clinical trial information
- More information on whiplash injuries
- New chapter on complex regional pain syndromes
- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 3 edition (January 16, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443066442
- ISBN-13: 978-0443066443
- Product Dimensions: 9.7 x 7.3 x 0.9 inches