Now in a much-anticipated two-volume new edition, this gold-standard reference stands as the most comprehensive and authoritative text on equine reproduction. Serving theriogenologists, practitioners and breeders worldwide as a one-stop resource for the reproductive assessment and management of equine patients, Equine Reproduction, Second Edition provides detailed information on examination techniques, breeding procedures, pregnancy diagnosis and management, reproductive tract diseases and surgery, and foaling. A companion CD offers hundreds of images from the book in color.
For the Second Edition, the stallion, mare and foal sections have been thoroughly updated and revised to include the latest information on every subject. New topics include discussion of nutritional and behavioral factors in the broodmare and stallion, parentage testing, fetal sexing and the health and management of older foals, weanlings and yearlings. Additionally, this outstanding Second Edition features a new section on assisted reproductive techniques, including detailed information on artificial insemination, in-vitro fertilization, embryo transfer and technology.
"At 3288 pages, 325 chapters, and with 250 authors, Equine Reproduction
is nothing if not ambitious, and is a worthy successor to the original edition.... The two volumes come accompanied by a DVD of 713 (colour) illustrations, which is particularly nice for viewing ultrasonograms.... [contains] a wealth of new, updated and relevant information, which anyone with an interest in equine reproduction cannot fail to be impressed by and will find it hard to resist dipping into: a must-have purchase." (Veterinary Record,
Part I: The Mare.
- Hardcover: 3288 pages
- Publisher: -; 2 edition (February 2, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780813819716
- ISBN-13: 978-0813819716
- ASIN: 0813819717
2. Physiology and Endocrinology.
3. The Estrous Cycle.
6. Management of the Transitional Mare.
7. Techniques in Reproductive Examination.
8. Diagnostic Ultrasonography.
9. Pharmacological Manipulation of Reproduction.
10. Diseases of the Uterus.
11. Diseases of the Ovary.
12. Problems of the Cervix.
13. Problems of the Mammary Glands.
14. Pregnancy, Parturition and the Puerperal Period.
15. Problems of Pregnancy.
16. Female Urogenital Surgery.
17. Other Equids.
18. General Interest.
Part II: The Stallion.
19. Anatomy, Physiology and Endocrinology.
21. Sexual Behavior.
22. Semen Collection and Evaluation.
23. Reproductive Examination.
24. Surgical Procedures.
Part III: Assisted Reproductive Techniques.
29. Future Technologies.
Part IV: Foal, Weanling and Yearling.
30. Prepartum Assessment of the Foal.
31. Foal Adaptation to Parturition.
32. Postpartum Fetal Assessment.
33. Postpartum Fetal Assessment.
34. Problems of the Immediate Post-Partum Period.
35. System Disorders: Immune, Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Nervous, Urogenital, Gastrointestinal, Musculoskeletal, Integument, Ocular, Endocrinological.
36. Specific Diagnostic and Management Techniques.
37. Problems of Older Foals, Weanlings and Yearlings.
No passwords ::: Please Don't Publish
Hidden contents (Our Amazon affiliate links)
You can purchase this item from Amazon with discount through our amazon affiliate link.
BUT You DONOT have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
Please Register to see contents.