Equine Emergencies: Treatment and Procedures
by James Orcini, Thomas Divers
Pages: 864 pages
Edition: 3 edition (November 9, 2007)
Respond quickly and confidently to emergency situations with the only text dedicated entirely to equine emergency treatment. The latest edition of this reliable manual is vastly expanded to encompass a wide range of new and evolving topics in horse care, with thorough, step-by-step procedures for the most effective emergency treatment. Portable for use in the clinic or in the field and presented for the first time in full color, it's your one-source guide for complete equine emergency support.
- Unique focus provides your only single-source guide devoted to equine emergency management.
- Bulleted format makes information easily retrievable, presenting detailed procedures in concise, step-by-step outlines.
- 12 new chapters help you ensure biosecurity and treat a variety of increasingly common emergency conditions, including diarrheal, infectious, and zoonotic diseases.
- Revised Organ Systems section presents content in a more user-friendly, timesaving format.
- What to Do and What Not to Do headings identify proper care techniques and alert you to steps you should avoid.
- Updated drug dosage table improves treatment with accurate dosage information for many recently approved drugs.
- Full-color design distinguishes specific features within the text for quick reference in critical situations.