Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat
By Craig E Greene DVM MS DACVIM
- Hardcover: 1440 pages
- Publisher: -- 3 edition (March 15, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416036008
- ISBN-13: 978-1416036005
Featuring full-color illustrations and hundreds of tables with diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines, this authoritative resource explores the diagnosis and treatment of canine and feline infectious diseases caused by viruses, rickettsiae, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas, bacteria, fungi, algae, protozoa, and unknown agents. Discussion of each disease includes diagnostic testing, indications and methods for sample collection, in-office diagnostic procedures, and more. It also features a complete antimicrobial drug formulary, drug dosage tables, prescribing information, immunization recommendations, and a list of product manufacturers.
- A complete list of acronyms is located on the front cover for quick access to the meanings of all acronyms featured in the book.
- Provides complete and consistent prescribing information in easy-to-use drug dosage tables.
- A comprehensive drug formulary in the appendix provides key information on each drug to help adjust dosages on the basis of clinical and toxicologic data.
- Includes coverage of newly discovered infectious agents of dogs and cats, including diagnosis and treatment considerations.
- Provides the latest information on foot and mouth disease virus infection.
- Contains up-to-date information on Australian bat lyssavirus infection in the Rabies chapter.
- Offers additional information on canine monocytic and granulocytic ehrlichiosis.
- This edition features full-color illustrations and a user-friendly layout.