Veterinary Technician's Manual for
Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care
by Christopher Norkus
ISBN-10: 0813810574 | ISBN-13: 978-0813810577 | Publication Date: January 3, 2012 | Edition: 1 st.
Veterinary Technician's Manual for Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care provides a comprehensive reference on emergency and critical care medicine for veterinary technicians of all skill levels. Beginning with information on initial patient assessment and triage, the first section covers shock and initial stabilization, venous access, monitoring, and cardiopulmonary cerebral resuscitation. A section on specific conditions such as cardiovascular and respiratory emergencies is organized by system, with a final section highlighting select topics like anesthesia and analgesia, transfusion medicine, and critical care pharmacology. Case studies, review questions, and images are provided on a companion website.Coverage focuses on dogs and cats, with special considerations for handling exotic and avian emergencies covered in a dedicated chapter. This in-depth material in an easy-to-navigate format is an essential resource for veterinary technicians and assistants, emergency and critical care veterinary technician specialists, and veterinary technician students.
- Offers information on initial patient assessment, specific body system conditions and other select emergency and critical care topics and therapies
- Fully authored by leading Veterinary Technician Specialists in Emergency and Critical Care
- Includes access to a companion website featuring case studies, images, and review questions at www..com/go/norkus
- Covers the most common emergencies experienced in hospitals and clinics
- Focuses on handling dogs and cats with a special chapter on exotic and avian emergencies
- Provides a comprehensive reference on emergency and critical care skills for veterinary technicians of all skill levels
About the Author
Christopher Norkus, BS, CVT, VTS (Emergency & Critical Care), VTS (Anesthesia), received his DVM degree from Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. He is an intern at The Animal Medical Center of New York.
- Paperback: 584 pages
- Publisher: -
- Edition: 1 edition (January 3, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0813810574
- ISBN-13: 978-0813810577