Veterinary Computed Tomography
Author(s) or Editor(s) : Tobias Schwarz (Editor), Jimmy Saunders (Editor)
Pages: 576 pages
Edition : 1st edition, August 2011.
This practical and highly illustrated guide is an essential resource for veterinarians seeking to improve their understanding and use of computed tomography (CT) in practice. It provides a thorough grounding in CT technology, describing the underlying physical principles as well as the different types of scanners. The book also includes principles of CT examination such as guidance on positioning and how to achieve a good image quality.
Written by specialists from thirteen countries, this book offers a broad range of expertise in veterinary computed tomography, and is the first book to describe the technology, methodology, interpretation principles and CT features of different diseases for most species treated in veterinary practice.
- An essential guide for veterinarians using CT in practice
- Includes basic principles of CT as well as guidelines on how to carry out an effective examination
- Describes CT features of different diseases for most species treated in practice
- Written by a range of international leaders in the field
- Illustrated with high quality photographs and diagrams throughout