ROITT’S Essential Immunology, 12/E
By Peter J. Delves
A new, 12th edition of the definitive Immunology textbook, now fully up-to-date on the latest knowledge and concepts about the workings of the immune system. Essential Immunology is a perfect course textbook to support a series of lectures, or themes, on Immunology: pedagogy has been strengthened throughout, and the text is now fully supported by a suite of online resources as well as a FREE enhanced Desktop Edition.
- Improved navigation – features a brand new text design, with clearer chapter openings, TOCs, and 're-cap' features.
- Extensive updates to immunological science throughout; vaccines chapter has been completely re-written.
- Complete overhaul of the companion website, with new questions, existing animations (relabelled), video clips, sample Encyclopaedia of Life Sciences content, revision podacats, and all figures/tables downloadable.
1. Innate Immunity.
2. Specific acquired immunity.
4. Membrane receptors for antigen.
5. The primary interaction with antigen.
6. Immunological methods and applications.
7. The anatomy of the immune response.
8. Lymphocyte activation.
9. The production of effectors.
10. Control mechanisms.
11. Ontogeny and phylogeny.
12. Adversarial strategies during infection.
17. Tumour immunology.
18. Autoimmune diseases.