Manual of Veterinary Dietetics
By Tony Buffington, Cheryl Holloway, Sarah Abood
- Publisher: Saunders
- Number Of Pages: 272
- Publication Date: 2004-04-01
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0721601235
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780721601236
This comprehensive guide provides diet and feeding recommendations for both healthy and sick animals. Recommendations are based on a physical and nutritional assessment of the patient, and the wishes and abilities of clients. Suggested dietary interventions are assessed based on indications, possible adverse reactions, contradictions, and ongoing evaluation. The book also raises questions concerning the appropriateness of various commercial foods, assesses the validity of advertising claims, and addresses requests for recipes for homemade foods. The ultimate goal is to sustain the nutritional health of pets without adversely affecting the quality of the bond between clients and their pets. Coverage extends to dogs, cats, and basic exotic pets.
* Expanded appendices with new and updated information
* Extensive coverage of nutrient sensitive disease
* Many tables, figures, charts, and forms, useful for both professionals and pet owners in presenting information and tracking dietary information for medical/clinical, and home monitoring.