Withrow and MacEwen's Small Animal Clinical Oncology
Stephen J. Withrow
DVM DACVS DACVIM(Oncology),
David M. Vail
DVM MS DACVIM(Oncology)
- Publisher: Saunders
- Number Of Pages: 864
- Publication Date: 2006-12-15
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0721605583
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780721605586
Focusing on cancer in dogs and cats, this extensively updated 4th edition provides comprehensive coverage of the latest advances in clinical oncology, including chemotherapy, surgical oncology, and diagnostic techniques. Ideal for students, practitioners, and those involved in academic research, this book's full-color images and user-friendly format provide quick and easy access to today's most important information on cancer in the small animal patient.
- Full-color format throughout and full-color illustrations make information more accessible and provide accurate representations of clinical appearance.
- Chapters are clustered into four major sections: The Biology and Pathogenesis of Cancer, Diagnostic Procedures for the Cancer Patient, Therapeutic Modalities for the Cancer Patient, and Specific Malignancies in the Small Animal Patient.
- The consistent format includes incidence and risk factors, pathology, natural behavior of tumors, history and clinical signs, diagnostic techniques and workup, treatment options, and prognosis for specific malignancies in the small animal cancer patient.
- Features cutting edge information on the complications of cancer, pain management, and the latest treatment modalities.
- The latest information on the etiology of cancer, including genetic, chemical, physical, and hormonal factors, as well as cancer-causing viruses.
- Coverage of molecular-targeted therapy of cancer, plus new and emerging therapeutic techniques.
- New information on molecular diagnostic procedures for the cancer patient.
- The latest diagnostic imaging techniques in clinical oncology.
- Discussions of compassion and supportive care, from chronic pain management and nutrition to end-of-life issues and grief support.