Restraint and Handling of Wild and Domestic Animals
by Murray Fowler
Edition: 3rd., 2008.
Restraint and Handling of Wild and Domestic Animals, Third Edition offers an introduction to the basic principles of animal restraint and an overview of techniques for vertebrate wild and domestic animals. Focusing on the most effective physical restraint techniques, the book provides essential information for ensuring the safety of both the handler and animal. Now in full color, the third edition of this classic reference is an invaluable tool to recognizing potential danger during restraint and reducing stress in the animal.
Fully updated throughout, the third edition also includes new chapters on understanding behavior, training for restraint and handling, and animal welfare during restraint. Additional new chapters cover small mammals and llamas, alpacas, and camels. Restraint and Handling of Wild and Domestic Animals is an unparalleled source of information on this core skill for veterinarians, veterinary students, and technicians alike.
- New edition of the classic reference
- Introduction to basic principles of animal restraint and overview of techniques
- Focuses on the most effective physical restraint techniques
- Provides essential information for ensuring the safety of both the handler and animal
- Now in full color with five new chapters