Biochemistry, 7th. Edition
By: Mary K. Campbell
Hardcover: 864 pages
Publisher: --; 7 edition (January 1, 2011)
Discover how the latest developments in biotechnology and genomics directly affect your life with this best-selling biochemistry text. This new edition reflects recent developments in stem cell research, cloning, and immunology, and offers revised coverage of major topics, such as Molecular Biology. Known for its logical organization and appropriate depth of coverage, BIOCHEMISTRY, 7th Edition, balances scientific detail with readability that's ideal for those studying biochemistry for the first time. A unique magazine insert, "Hot Topics in Biochemistry," introduces the latest advances in the field. State-of-the art visuals throughout the book help clarify concepts, while "Biochemical Connections" demonstrate how biochemistry affects other fields, such as health and sports medicine New in-text questions help you master key concepts of biochemistry, while end-of-chapter problem sets grouped by problem types help you master problem-solving skills.
Table of Contents
1. Biochemistry and the Organization of Cells.
2. Water: The Solvent for Biochemical Reactions.
3. Amino Acids and Peptides.
4. The Three-Dimensional Structure of Proteins.
5. Protein Purification and Characterization Techniques.
6. The Behavior of Proteins: Enzymes.
7. The Behavior of Proteins: Enzymes, Mechanisms, and Control.
8. Lipids and Proteins Are Associated in Biological Membranes.
9. Nucleic Acids: How Structure Conveys Information.
10. Biosynthesis of Nucleic Acids: Replication.
11. Transcription of the Genetic Code: The Biosynthesis of RNA.
12. Protein Synthesis: Translation of the Genetic Message.
13. Nucleic Acid Biotechnology Techniques.
14. Viruses, Cancer and Immunology.
15. The Importance of Energy Changes and Electron Transfer in Metabolism.
18. Storage Mechanisms and Control in Carbohydrate Metabolism.
19. The Citric Acid Cycle.
20. Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation.
21. Lipid Metabolism.
23. The Metabolism of Nitrogen.
24. Integration of Metabolism: Cellular Signaling. Answers. Glossary. Index.