Brinker, Piermattei, and Flo's Handbook
of Small Animal Orthopedics and Fracture Repair
Donald L. Piermattei, DVM, PhD,
Gretchen L. Flo, DVM, MS,
Charles E. DeCamp, DVM, MS
Edition: 4th., 2006
This handbook covers the diagnosis, etiology, and treatment of conditions affecting the locomotor system in small animals. The 4th edition presents up-to-date information on various types of fractures and methods of fixation, lameness and joint surgery, and musculoskeletal diseases. Other key topics include: acute and chronic bone infections; transplantation, plating, wiring, and pinning techniques; bone grafting; reconstructive joint surgery; and osteochondrosis.
- Content is organized anatomically for quick access to information on both fractures and other conditions for each region of the body.
- Step-by-step line drawings clearly illustrate different types of fractures and procedures.
- Provides clear, concise coverage of the most common orthopedic conditions.
- A new chapter provides cutting edge information on arthroscopy.
- Each chapter is expanded with the most up-to-date information.
- Includes many additional illustrations.
- New coverage of monocortical plate/IM fixation.
- Discusses circular frames for fractures and osteotomies
- Provides information on new fixator clamps.