Biology, Medicine and Surgery of South American Wild Animals
By Murray E. Fowler, Zalmir S. Cubas
* Pages: 550
* Publisher: --
* Edition: 2001
* Language: English
* ISBN: 978-0813828466
Through clear organization and extensive tables, Biology, Medicine, and Surgery of South American Wild Animals features:
- Continent-specific divisions of amphibians, birds, reptiles, and mammals arranged by order, family, and genus. Where possible, animal names are given in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Topics such as conservation efforts, diseased in free-ranging populations, and management of animals maintained in captivity
- Special coverage of general health topics such as nutrition, ophthalmology, and dentistry
- An extensive appendix on drug dosages used in avian medicine
- References for further reading
A must-have for veterinarians, animal healthcare workers, and wildlife biologists, this text is the first compiliation by regional specialists.