Exotic Animal Formulary, 4th Edition
by James W. Carpenter
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Designed to be a concise, quick reference for veterinarians and anyone working with exotic animals, this portable formulary addresses common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Coverage of all drugs — including antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiparasitic agents — provides appropriate dosage information and comments for all exotic species. This resource features extensive coverage of birds, as well as recommendations on therapies and diets in the appendices.
• Covers all exotic species in a quick-reference format.
• User-friendly layout is formatted in columns with the agent, dosage, and comments easy to locate on the page.
• Features an extensive section on birds, the most common of exotic pets.
• Detailed appendices include classification of select antimicrobials used in exotic animal medicine, therapies commonly used in exotic animals, and selected laboratories conducting avian and reptile diagnostic procedures
• Many new drugs have been added.
• All drug dosages have been re-checked to ensure accuracy.
• Twelve excellent contributing authors have joined this edition.