Vitrification in Assisted Reproduction: A User's Manual and Trouble-shooting Guide
Michael J. Tucker, Georgia Reproductive, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Juergen Liebermann, Fertility Center of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher:-- 1 edition (November 18, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415408822
- ISBN-13: 978-0415408820
After 20 years of the first publication on vitrification as an ice crystal-free cryopreservation method for embryos, there is a chronic need for a book that addresses this cryopreservation technique in detail, outlining those techniques that result in success, and providing recommended means of overcoming the problems typically encountered. The book will supply a historical overview of the principles and development of vitrification techniques in animals and humans; the various consumables utilized for the vitrification of cells and tissue and suppliers thereof; and the vitrification and warming technique for oocytes, sperm, pronuclear stage embryos, cleavage stage embryos, blastocysts, ovarian tissue, and embryonic stem cells. Wherever applicable, the set-up including protocol, operation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of the different protocols used for vitrifying various stages of cells and tissues will also be covered.
- Vitrification: an overview
- Basic Physics and Biophysics of Vitrification
- Potential disadvantages & benefits of vitrification
- Development of vitrification solutions
- Vitrification in animal reproduction: vitrification of embryos using open pulled straws
- Vitrification in animal reproduction: vitrification of embryos using conventional straws with ethylene glycol-based solutions
- Vitrification of spermatozoa.
- Potential developmental consequences of cryopreservation of mammalian oocytes
- Vitirification of oocytes in general
- Vitirification of oocytes: various procedures
- Vitrification of Oocytes using Gold Grid and Slush Nitrogen
- Vitrification of pronuclear stage embryos
- Vitrification of cleavage stage embryos
- Vitrification of blastocysts: using the Hemi-straw.
- Vitrification of blastocysts: using the Cryoloop
- Vitrification of blastocysts: using the EM grid
- Vitrification of blastocysts: using the Cryotop
- Vitrification of ovarian tissue
- Vitrification of ovarian tissue: organ recovery systems
- Vitrification of stem cells.