Amphibians of Central America
by Gunther Köhler
Edition: 1st., 2010
This comprehensive guide covers 476 amphibian species found in Central America, from Southern Mexico to Panama. Numerous line drawings and color photos illustrate the diagnostic features used to identify all caecilians, salamanders and frogs known to occur in this region. Introductory chapters to genera, families and orders provide basic knowledge on taxonomy and natural history and distribution maps for all species are included.
- The rich illustrated keys for identification will prove useful to anyone who has a doubt about what amphibian is in hand.
- Color photographs of almost 90 percent of the species in the wild are provided for the caecilians, salamanders and frogs.
- With expertly done line drawings of diagnostic features.
- Distribution maps to all species.
- Identification key for the anuran tadpoles.
- Up to date information on amphibian declines and extinctions.
- 380 pages, 930 color photos, 92 drawings & diagrams, 177 maps.
- And more...