Equine Neonatal Medicine and Surgery (Scan)
by Derek C. Knottenbelt, Nicola Holdstock, John Madigan
Edition: 1st., 2004
Written to complement 'Equine Stud Farm Medicine and Surgery' this text covers all aspects of veterinary care of the foal from birth through to weaning. It describes appropriate procedures for clinical assessment of the new-born foal, including emergency interventions, resuscitation and critical care. Subsequent chapters review disorders of growth and nutrition, and congenital or inherited abnormalities of each of the major body systems. Of unique value is the section dedicated to special syndromes, illustrated with over 200 colour photographs carefully selected from the authors' extensive collections. Appendices provide practical guidance on sedation and anaesthesia, transport, medication, etc.
- Content is concise, informative, and easy to read.
- Full-color photographs illustrate common disorders, congenital defects, and more.
- Flowcharts summarize key diagnostic tests and findings.
- Numerous charts and tables provide easy access to key data.
- Appendices present key data, treatment protocols, techniques, and procedures in a quick-reference format.