Epidemiology Kept Simple
An Introduction to Traditional and Modern Epidemiology
by Burt Gerstman
Edition: 3rd., 2013
This major re-write of Epidemiology Kept Simple was pursued with the following objectives in mind:
● To address the American Schools of Public Health (ASPH) Epidemiology Competenciesa
in the first dozen chapters of the book.
● To introduce epidemiologic measures early in the book’s progression so that they
can be used throughout.
● To devote full chapters to the following topics: Descriptive Epidemiology
(Chapter 4), Epidemiologic Study Design (Chapter 5), Experimental Studies
(Chapter 6), Observational Cohort Studies (Chapter 7), and Case–control Studies
● To provide more frequent Illustrative Examples.
● To provide additional exercises and review questions to help students learn the
● To extend the section on epidemiologic history (Section 1.3) to address developments
in the first half of the 20th century.
Exclusive!! Donated generously by Adamos1945