Storey's Guide to Raising Dairy Goats.
Breeds, Care, Dairying, Marketing,
by Jerry Belanger
Edition: 4th., 2010
With minimal space and housing needs, dairy goats are a practical choice for the small or backyard dairy farmer. Dairy goats require a smaller investment than Cows and produce easily digested milk that is much in demand for making yogurt, cheese, and other dairy products.
The revised and updated fourth edition includes:
* Updated information on disease diagnosis and treatment
* Tips on choosing pygmy breeds
* Expanded coverage of breeding, kidding, and raising kids
* More information on milking, dairying, and cheesemaking
* Expanded resource section