Hormones and Reproduction of Vertebrates
Vol. 4 Birds
by David O. Norris
Edition: Vol. 4, 2011
This series of volumes represents a comprehensive and integrated treatment of reproduction in vertebrates from fishes of all sorts through mammals. It is designed to provide a readable, coordinated description of reproductive basics in each group of vertebrates as well as an introduction to the latest trends in reproductive research and our understanding of reproductive events. Whereas each chapter and each volume is intended to stand alone as a review of that topic or vertebrate group, respectively, the volumes are prepared so as to provide a thorough topical treatment across the vertebrates. Terminology has been standardized across the volumes to reduce confusion where multiple names exist in the literature, and a comprehensive glossary of these terms and their alternative names is provided.
1. Neuroendocrine Control of Reproduction in Birds
2. Avian Testicular Structure, Function, and Regulation Pierre
3. Organization and Functional Dynamics of the Avian Ovary
4. Maternal Hormones in Avian Eggs
5. Stress and Reproduction in Birds
6. Hormonal Regulation of Avian Courtship and Mating Behaviors
7. Hormones and Regulation of Parental Behavior in Birds
8. Hormones in Migration and Reproductive Cycles of Birds
9. Endocrine Disruption of Reproduction in Birds.
Related Threads 1, 2, 3 & 4