Trail Riding A Complete Guide
(H*well Equestrian Library)
by Audrey Pavia
Edition: 1st., 2005
Experience the sheer joy of being one with your horse and one with nature.
When you're riding the trails with your horse, you enjoy a refreshing feeling of freedom, the exhilaration of exploration, and an invigorating escape from the demands of the day. You're in control--as long as you can control the 1,000-pound creature you're riding. Trail Riding: A Complete Guide takes you from the basics to more advanced trail riding skills with information on:
* How to choose a horse, including basics on conformation
* Finding the best trail-riding lessons, tack, and equipment
* Feeding, care, grooming, health care, and stable management
* Conditioning--for the horse and yourself
* Trailering to trails
* Advanced trail riding, including information on camping with your horse, how competitive trail riding is judged, and racing on the trail
* Tips on how to find the best trails, both locally and around the country
This book helps you develop the knowledge and skills that will give you a leg up every time you climb in the saddle. You and your horse will become the perfect pair for relaxing yet energizing adventures off the beaten path.