Safe Dog Handbook
A Complete Guide to Protecting Your Pooch, Indoors and Out
by Melanie Monteiro
Edition: 1st., 2009
We know their favorite spot to scratch. We know which funny noise will make them cock their head. But do we know how to keep our dogs safe? Each year, thousands of dogs and puppies are hurt or killed by a host of easily preventable accidents. The Safe Dog Handbook is a complete resource on canine safety, teaching dog parents everything they need to know to prevent accidents, spot hazards and respond to emergencies to ensure the safety of their beloved pets wherever they go--from the family room to a family vacation.
Beautifully photographed and spiral-bound for easy reference, this essential guide includes:
* Dog- and puppy-proofing basics
* Color, illustrated first-aid guide
* Complete toxic plant guide
* Dangerous "people" foods and safe alternatives
* Disaster preparedness
* Tips for safe driving, flying, boating and outdoor adventures
* Holiday safety and how to avoid weather-related hazards
* Special section for toy breeds
* And much more!
Prevention and preparedness are easily achieved with this easy-to-follow resource. As a result, you'll gain greater confidence and enjoyment as you and your dog go about your daily adventures.