Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery, 2nd. Edition
Basic and Clinical Sciences of the Equine Athlete
by K. Hinchcliff and Raymond Geor
Edition: 2nd., Dec. 2013
Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery provides the most up-to-date, in-depth coverage of the basic and clinical sciences required for management of the equine athlete. The unique treatment of exercise physiology and training within a clinical context, together with detailed review of all diseases affecting athletic horses, makes this the most comprehensive text available.
The book will provide a thorough grounding in the basic physiology of each body system, and in particular the responses of each body system to exercise and training, that will be separate, but highly relevant to, the succeeding sections on clinical disorders of each body system.
The highly respected editors have brought together an internationally renowned team of 50 contributors, producing the ultimate reference for veterinarians, students, horse-owners, and all those involved in the world of equine athletics.
* High quality artwork, including relevant radiographic, ultrasonographic, CAT scan, and MRI images, to aid understanding and diagnosis
* A truly international perspective including guidelines pertinent to different geographic areas, and racing jurisdictions
* In depth material on the role of the vet in the management of athletic horses
* The role of complementary therapies
* A lucid, accessible pedagogic style to aid rapid reference
Right Out Of Donators to all Equinologists!!