Salmonella in Domestic Animals,
Edited by P Barrow, University of Nottingham, UK, U Methner, Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, Germany
June 2013 / Hardback / 560 Pages / 9781845939021
Salmonella remains a major cause of economic loss in domestic livestock and human food poisoning worldwide. In the last 10 years there have been major advances in understanding the salmonella organism, meaning a compiled source of the new research is urgently needed. With fully updated chapters and new coverage of genome structure, virulence, vaccine development, molecular methods for epidemiology and exotics, this second edition is an invaluable resource for researchers of animal and human health.
1. Taxonomy and Species Concepts in the Genus Salmonella
2. Structure, Function and Synthesis of Surface Polysaccharides in Salmonella
3. Fimbriae and Flagella of Salmonella enterica
4. Characterizing Salmonella Genomes
5. Salmonella Virulence Mechanisms and their Genetic Basis
6. Host Genetic Susceptibility/Resistance
7. Antimicrobial Resistance in Salmonella
8. Immunity to Salmonella in Farm Animals and Murine Models of Disease
9. Salmonella Infections in the Domestic Fowl
10. Salmonella Infections in Turkeys
11. Salmonella Infections in Ducks
12. Salmonella Infections in Cattle
13. Salmonella Infections in Pigs
14. Salmonella Infections in Sheep
15. Salmonella Infections in Horses
16. Salmonella Infections in Dogs and Cats
17. Salmonella Infections in Exotic Pets
18. Public Health Aspects of Salmonella Infections
19. Salmonella in Feed
20. Environmental Aspects of Salmonella
21. Competitive Exclusion
22. Vaccination against Salmonella Infections in Food Animals: Rationale, Theoretical Basis and Practical Application
23. EU Legislation on the Control of Salmonella, Monitoring and Reporting
24. Current and New Approaches to Typing of Salmonella
25. Other Approaches to Infection Control
Hidden contents (Our Amazon affiliate links)
You can purchase this item from Amazon with discount through our amazon affiliate link.
BUT You DONOT have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
Please Register to see contents.