Tasks for the Veterinary Assistant,
By Paula Pattengale, Teresa Sonsthagen
Tasks for the Veterinary Assistant, Third Edition provides practical, step-by-step instructions for preparing and performing a wide range of veterinary assisting tasks. With expanded coverage of large animal and exotic restraint, anatomy and physiology, nutrition and feeding, digital radiography, and electronic medical records and client communication, this revised edition now includes why and when to perform each task with the preparation and procedure information. The book includes everything from appearance and professional language to equipment maintenance and dental and surgical assisting, making it equally useful for learning new techniques or as a memory refresher.
Offering a detailed, comprehensive guide to all aspects of veterinary assisting, the book is written using an accessible, user-friendly style. A companion website offers figures from the book, downloadable flash cards, lesson plans, exams, a competency checklist, and concept maps. Tasks for the Veterinary Assistant is equally useful for acquiring new skills and gaining confidence in the veterinary practice, making it invaluable for veterinary assistant students and veterinary assistants of all experience levels.
- Covers all aspects of a veterinary assistant’s duties in the medical care of dogs, cats, large animals, and exotics
- Presents easy-to-follow instructions for preparing and performing common tasks in the veterinary practice
- Adds more information on large animal and exotic restraint, anatomy and physiology, nutrition and feeding, digital radiography, electronic medical records, and client communication
- Provides more background information on why and when to use a given technique in order to promote a fuller understanding
- Features images and tip boxes to aid learning
- Includes access to a companion website with exams, images, lesson plans, flash cards, a competency checklist, and concept maps at www..com/go/pattengale/tasks
Spiral-bound: 656 pages
Publisher: ******; 3 edition (April 14, 2014)