Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 5e
By Francis Smith
- Pages: 472 pages
- Publisher: S's; 5 edition (July 15, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323188028
- ISBN-13: 978-0323188029
The most effective, practical approach to the recognition and management of cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary medicine, Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 5th Edition walks readers through the challenges and conditions encountered in everyday practice. This completely revised and updated edition includes vital information on diagnostic modalities and techniques, therapeutic options, surgical procedures, and pharmaceutical management of the dog and cat cardiac patient. A new chapter on genetic and biomarker testing and a new chapter on nutrition surrounding cardiovascular disease ensure practitioners are well-equipped to handle every aspect of cardiac care in small animals.
- The latest coverage on common cardiovascular disorders and practical treatment methods addresses topics, such as: cardiac failure, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disturbances, cardiopulmonary arrest, and more.
- Easy-to-follow organization separates content into three sections that build on each other ― Section 1: Diagnosis of Heart Disease; Section 2: Cardiovascular Disease; Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Extensive art program contains vivid illustrations, clinical photographs, and color Doppler images.
- Drug formulary appendix features a list of commonly used cardiopulmonary drugs, along with formulations, indications, and dosages (for both dogs and cats).
- Streamlined text, bullet points, and helpful boxes help to highlight the most important clinical content.
- Highlighted key points spotlight key information, diagnosis considerations, clinical tips and more.
- NEW! Genetic and Biomarker Testing of Cardiovascular Diseases chapter covers genetic testing for mutations associated with specific cardiac diseases and testing for circulating substances indicative of heart disease or injury.
- NEW! Nutrition and Cardiovascular Disease chapter focuses on the significant role nutrition can play in preventing or treating cardiac disease.
- NEW! Significantly revised Echocardiography chapter features the latest information on indications and the role of the electrocardiogram in clinical practice.
- NEW! All new doppler echocardiogram images in the Feline Cardiomyopathy chapter show the primary cardiomyopathies, including: severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, severe hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, severe dilated cardiomyopathy, severe endomyocardial fibrosis and restrictive cardiomyopathy, severe unclassified cardiomyopathy, and severe arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy.
- NEW! Section on hybrid cardiac procedures in the Cardiac Surgery chapterinclude image-guided catheter-based interventions with direct transcardiac (transatrial, transventricular, transapical) surgical approaches to the heart.