- Publisher: -
- Number Of Pages: 416
- Publication Date: 2005-04-08
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0632059265
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780632059263
- Binding: Hardcover
Product Description: Fascinating and instantly recognisable, flatfishes are unique in their asymmetric postlarval body form. With over 700 extant species recognised and a distribution stretching across the globe this group of fishes are of considerable research interest and provide a major contribution to recreational and commercial fisheries, and to aquaculture, worldwide.
Flatfishes: Biology and exploitation is the only comprehensive and current book in the field and responds to the economic importance and growing body of research to produce an invaluable addition to the Fish and Aquatic Resources Series providing:
- Outlines of systematics, distribution, reproduction, recruitment, ecology and behaviour
- Descriptions of the major fisheries and their management
- Full coverage of recent advances in aquaculture and stock enhancement
This book is essential reading for fish biologists; fisheries scientists; marine biologists; ecologists and environmental scientists; aquaculture personnel and government workers in fisheries and fish and wildlife departments. It should be found in all libraries of research establishments and universities where biology, fish biology, fisheries, aquaculture, marine sciences, oceanography, ecology and environmental sciences are studied or taught.