Equine Breeding Management and Artificial Insemination (2nd Edition)
Edited by: Juan C. Samper, DVM, MSc, PhD
- Hardcover: 336 pages
- Publisher: --
- Edition: 2nd edition (December 12, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416052348
- ISBN-13: 978-1416052340
Improve reproductive efficiency with the latest breeding management principles and techniques
Put the principles of good breeding management into practice with Equine Breeding Management and Artificial Insemination, 2nd Edition for reproductive success! Practical information on the reproductive management of both thoroughbred and warmblood breeding operations prepares you to effectively breed even problem mares and stallions. Plus, detailed content on techniques, procedures, reproductive physiology, and more help you increase reproductive efficiency as well as track and improve your results throughout each breeding season.
- A section on reproduction efficiency evaluation includes a worksheet to evaluate the performance of both mares and stallions during each breeding season, and helps you compare reproductive performance with previous breeding seasons.
- Detailed descriptions of procedures and techniques including embryo transfer, artificial insemination, and more enable you to implement the methods for better breeding results.
- Practical information on reproductive management of both thoroughbred and warmblood breeding operations enhance the fertility of problem mares and stallions.
- World-renowned authors and contributors with years of practical knowledge and experience provide cutting-edge information.
- Vibrant full-color design and photographs show accurate representations of clinical appearance.
- Chapters covering the latest reproductive techniques improve chances of successful breeding, and improve survival rates after the birth of the foal.
- Vital chapters with information on recognizing potential problems help you quickly identify warning signs before fertility is negatively affected.