- Paperback: 628 pages
- Publisher: -; 1 edition (January 30, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 078174766X
- ISBN-13: 978-0781747660
Product Description This unique manual is an ideal clinical reference for practicing veterinarians, a quick reference for students on rotations, and a supplemental or core text for related classes in the DVM program. In a user-friendly format, coverage includes the treatment of a wide spectrum of canine and feline infectious diseases and parasite-related disorders.
Written by two highly respected authors who are known around the world for their expertise in infectious disease and parasitology, this resource includes in-depth information on many specific categories of organisms including viral, rickettsial, chlamydial, mycoplasma, fungal, bacterial, protozoal, nematodes, trematodes, cestodes, and arthropods. You will have immediate access to differential diagnostic lists and information on drugs, dose rates, treatment protocols, diagnostic testing, and cytological appearance.
You'll find these highlights - and more - inside:
* More than 150 full-color images show defining characteristics of a particular organism, clinical condition, or cytology from lesions caused by the various diseases.
* Each chapter is divided into the standardized sections: Definition/Overview, Etiology/Pathophysiology, Signalment/History, Clinical Features, Differential Diagnosis, Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Comments, and Suggested Readings.
* Tables detailing treatment options provide information on accurate drug doses, drug availability, and notes on toxicity.
* Appendix section includes a drug formulary, diagnostic laboratory testing information, and cat and dog immunization recommendations.