Welcome to Veterinary Medicine Electronic Library

Your Destination for Most Unique Veterinary Resources

•  » If You're Vet Student & Searching For Educational Stuff
  •  » You're Researcher Looking For Articles & Journals
  •  » You're a Veterinarian & You Want to Improve Your Skills
  •  » You're a Pet Owner Looking For a Guide

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your needs.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

N.B.: Our Services are Free of Charge, because; Knowledge must be free

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 2480 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: The Encyclopedia of Infectious Diseases

Status
    Country
    Spain
    Total Posts
    Total thanks received
    Thanks for this post
    I'm from Spain

Default The Encyclopedia of Infectious Diseases

The Encyclopedia of Infectious Diseases
    By Carol Turkington, Bonnie Ashby

Pub. Date: January 2007
    Publisher: Facts on File, Incorporated
    Format: Hardcover, 412pp
    Sales Rank: 529,174
    Series: Library of Health and Living Ser.
    ISBN-13: 9780816063970
    ISBN: 0816063974
    Edition Number: 3
    Edition Description: REV

In the past 25 years, more than 30 new human germs have emerged onto the medical scene, most of these rising from animals. And with these germs come new diseases like the avian flu, Ebola, SARS, and weaponized viruses such as anthrax and smallpox, which pose a growing threat to the world. With the rising number of deaths due to infectious diseases, it is essential to have clear and concise information on this topic. With more than 600 entries, "The Encyclopedia of Infectious Diseases, Third Edition" provides up-to-date information on this expanding field, including the latest research, new treatments and vaccines, and rising diseases such as mad cow disease. Appendixes include drugs used to treat infectious diseases, tips for home disinfection, and lists of helpful organizations and publications, making this the ultimate resource for knowledge about infectious diseases. Topics include: Animals and infectious diseases; Food safety and natural disasters; Influenza; Lung and respiratory infections; Neonatal infections; Parasitic infections; Stomach and intestinal infections; Terrorist-related infectious diseases; Treatments and diagnosis; and Vaccines and immunizations.Summary: Very good!Rating: 5This is almost a one-of-a-kind book (encyclopedia of infectious diseases aimed at the proverbial 'intelligent layman'), and is surprisingly hard to find on the retail market. Each disease entry has an introduction followed by sections on symptoms and diagnostic path, treatment options and outlook, and risk factors and preventive measures. There are useful discussions of various categories of infectious diseases, e.g. food-borne infections, and infectious agents, e.g. Escherichia coli O157:H7. Appendix I covers drugs used to treat infectious diseases, Appendix II covers home disinfection, and Appendix III is a somewhat spotty collection of contact information of organizations that have something to do with one or more infectious diseases. There is a bibliography and an index. All things considered, this is the best book of its type I have seen. I will be using it as a textbook for my Biology of Infectious Disease course, which is intended for nonscience majors. Highly recommended.Summary: This is a fun book for my 14 year old. Rating: 5My daughter really enjoyed receiving this book. She uses it all the time for basic information. Summary: These are more than just definitionsRating: 5This third updated edition of Encyclopedia of Infectious Diseases is recommended both for college-level health libraries and for any public lending library where health is a strong part of the reference collection. Over 30 new germs affecting human health has emerged in recent decades, making this update necessary: over 600 entries provides the latest information, from new treatments and research to rising disease threats. These are more than just definitions: discussions include risk factors, outlook, diagnostics, and the latest treatment options. Diane C. Donovan California BookwatchSummary: Should be in every HomeRating: 5Easy to understand then other similar books. Informative for the lay person in regard to todays common illnesses and prevention ie, Lyme disease, food borne illnesses, childhood diseases.

Hidden contents (Our Amazon affiliate links)
    You must click 'Thank You' before you can see the data contained here. You can purchase this item from Amazon with discount through our amazon affiliate link.
    BUT You DONOT have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
    Please Register to see contents.
    Thanks

Category Moderator of eBooks & e-journals

Status
    Work
    Small Animals Practice
    Country
    India
    Total Posts
    Total thanks received
    Thanks for this post
    Small Animals Practice I'm from India

Default Mirror Links

Link 1:

You must click 'Thank You' before you can see the data contained here. You can purchase this item from Amazon with discount through our amazon affiliate link.

Link 2:

Thanks