(W*ley Series in Ecological and Applied Microbiology)
by Gabriel Bitton
Edition: 3rd., 1999
* A new chapter on bioterrorism and drinking water safety
* The latest developments in biofilm microbial ecology and biofilm impact on drinking water quality
* New, state-of-the-art detection techniques
* Expanded and revised treatment of toxicity testing, including new testing methods and studies on endocrine disrupters in wastewater
* Alternatives to conventional wastewater treatment
New problem sets, which test readers’ knowledge, as well as a list of Internet resources have been added to each chapter. In addition, the publication’s extensive references have been thoroughly revised for readers who would like to learn more about the latest findings and discoveries on specialized topics. Finally, the color plate section has been expanded and contains many new illustrations and tables.
An authoritative guide for all researchers, administrators, and engineers in the field of microbiology, Wastewater Microbiology, Third Edition is also a valuable reference for civil and environmental engineers, public health officials, and students involved in environmental engineering and science.