Yen & Jaffe's Reproductive Endocrinology: Expert Consult 6th Edition
By Jerome F. Strauss III MD PhD, Robert L. Barbieri MD
- Publisher: Saunders
- Number Of Pages: 944
- Publication Date: 2009-05-27
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 141604907X
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9781416049074
Thoroughly revised and now enhanced with color artwork, the new edition of this premier reference continues to offer the latest information on the diagnosis and management of reproductive endocrine disorders. National and international leaders from the field of reproductive endocrinology-including 30 new authors-equip you with coverage that encompasses the full spectrum of reproductive pathophysiology and disorders, from pregnancy and birth to reproductive aging. Full-color illustrations and new drawings provide a real-life depiction of basic cell structures and endocrine responses for a better understanding of the material, while new chapters explore the issues shaping today's practice. As an Expert Consult title, it includes convenient online access to the complete text of the book-fully searchable-along with all of the images, and references linked to Medline at www.expertconsult.com.
- Covers the full spectrum of reproductive pathophysiology and disorders, from pregnancy and birth to reproductive aging.
- Includes the work of leaders in the field of reproductive endocrinology for guidance you can trust.
- Features anytime, anywhere online access to the complete text of the book-fully searchable-as well as all of the images, and references linked to Medline.
- Offers new content on preservation of fertility, endocrine disturbances affecting reproduction, imaging technologies, and adolescent reproductive endocrinology that explore the issues shaping today's practice.
- Includes full-color illustrations and new drawings which provide a real-life depiction of anatomy and cell function and dysfunction for a greater understanding.
- Provides a list of suggested readings at the end of each chapter for further reference.
- Presents fresh insights into today's field and future advances, as well as a greater international perspective.
Summary: Indespensable REI text Rating: 5
This book hardly needs a glowing review, as it is considered one of the cornerstone texts of the field. This book serves very well as a reference text and yet is readable enough to be read cover to cover. The authors are respected and knowledgeable in their fields. The great feature of this text is its online access. The access is easy and fast. The chapters can be read easily online or in physical text. The references (which are very thorough) are linked to pubmed and make this a great reference text. Some of the chapters are written in a very readable style. For example, the chapter on prolactinoma thoroughly covers all the key points and would serve as a great educational chapter for residents and fellows. On the other hand, the chapter on gonadotropin hormones and receptors is so detailed, it could be used as a reference for the lab or research. I am very glad I purchased this book and it was well worth the money.
Summary: Highly recommended Rating: 5
Caveat : I will not pretend to write a comprehensive book review about this title. The following is merely a bird's eye view . This book continues to be considered as one of the most recommended books in our subspeciality ( Reproductive Endocrinology and infertility ). Written and edited by some of the Who's Who in the field handpicked from across the globe. The prose is eminently readable , elegant and clear , unlike most other books on the same subject. This edition , as previous ones, is accurate and very up-to-date ( indeed it quotes articles published only a few months from the date of publication ! this is commendable given the often long gestational age of any new edition of a multi-authored book of this size). Many new full-color pictures and illustrations grace the pages, please the reader's eyes and enhance the readability of the book. Also new to this edition , is the provision of an online access to the complete text and its references linked to Medline. Definitely a bonus and a better value for your buck$. Because of its remarkable readability , the book should be useful for residents in obstetrics and gynecology, REI specialists , and those in between. I unreservedly recommend it and happy reading!
Hidden contents (Our Amazon affiliate links)
You can purchase this item from Amazon with discount through our amazon affiliate link.
BUT You DONOT have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
Please Register to see contents.