Textbook of Respiratory Disease in Dogs and Cats
Edited by: Lesley G. King
- Hardcover: 624 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 1 edition (December 16, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0721687067
- ISBN-13: 978-0721687063
This textbook is a clinical resource for the management of dogs and cats with respiratory tract disease. The only book of its kind on the subject, it is an essential resource for students and clinicians specializing in this area of treatment of dogs and cats. Main sections cover approaches to problems, diagnosis, pulmonary function testing, non-specific management of disease, and specific disorders of the respiratory tract.
- The author is a recognized expert in respiratory medicine in small animals, joined by 60 of the top people in this field.
- Respiratory tract diagnostics is thoroughly covered, with descriptions of pathophysiology and state-of-the-art tools for diagnosis and management of respiratory tract disorders.
- A general discussion of the approach to problems in the field includes upper airway obstruction, panting, acute and chronic cough, nasal discharge, sneezing, and cyanosis in cats and dogs.
- Pulmonary function testing is discussed, including blood gas analysis, carbon dioxide monitoring, and pulse oximetry.
- Non-specific management of respiratory disease is covered, with information on pharmacology and fluid therapy.
- The final and largest section of the text details the specific disorders of the respiratory tract with a summary of diagnosis and treatment.
Original for elib4vet