NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1780 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Bovine Respiratory Disease: A Symposium

  1. #1
    nourislam2010's Avatar
    Islamic Forum Moderator


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Work
    Veterinary Professor
    Country
    Egypt
    Gender
    Male
    Total Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Total thanks received
    744
    Thanks for this post
    55
    Veterinary Professor I'm from Egypt

    Default Bovine Respiratory Disease: A Symposium

    Bovine Respiratory Disease: A Symposium
    By Raymond W. Loan



    Pages: 520
    Publisher: --
    Edition: 1st., 1984
    ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0890961875
    ISBN-13 / EAN: 978-0890961872


    Description


    Many scientists feel that the old axiom of stress plus virus plus Pasteurella is still the etiology of shipping fever. I would like to propose to you today that the real etiology of shipping fever is the antiquated method we use to market calves. It has been estimated the average number of middlemen between the rancher and the consumer is about fifteen. Many calves, from the day they are removed from the dam (weaned) until they reach the feedlot, travel 800 to 1,000 miles and have seen more auction markets, truck rides and new country than the rancher who raised them. Then we ask ourselves after they have been through a journey such as this, why do they have respiratory disease and a 10 percent to 15 percent death loss? The question should be: why is the other 85 percent still alive?

    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Motoko; 3rd December 2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: ADD INFO, IMAGE, DESCRIPTION. TEMPLATE.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Motoko's Avatar
    VETeLiB Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Work
    Small Animals Practice
    Country
    Venezuela
    Gender
    Female
    Total Posts
    6,041
    Rep Power
    10
    Total thanks received
    785,166
    Thanks for this post
    111
    Small Animals Practice I'm from Venezuela

    Default Re: Bovine Respiratory Disease: A Symposium

    Bovine Respiratory Disease: A Symposium
    1984


    Hidden contents (Our Amazon affiliate links)
    You must click 'Thank You' before you can see the data contained here. You can purchase this item from Amazon with discount through our amazon affiliate link.
    BUT You DONOT have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
    Please Register to see contents.







    Last edited by Motoko; 28th August 2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Hidden Content are to Keep VETeliB Tidy to be Efficient, Practical, Friendly and Appealing.
    Apply Hidden Content for Postings Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
    Thanks

  3. Who Said Thanks:

    There are too many to display.

Similar Threads

  1. Pigeons: respiratory disease
    By sarlo518 in forum General Veterinary eBooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th March 2010, 04:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •