Radiology of Birds: An Atlas of Normal Anatomy and Positioning
By Sam Silverman DVM PhD DACVR, Lisa Tell DVM PhD DABVP(Avian) DACZM
- Publisher: Saunders
- Number Of Pages: 299
- Publication Date: 2009-08-13
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0721606350
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780721606354
Use this atlas to interpret radiographic images and make accurate diagnoses! Hundreds of high-quality images clearly demonstrate normal avian anatomic and radiographic features in a wide variety of species so that you can recognize abnormal features. This book includes detailed directions for patient positioning along with radiographic exposure guidelines, ensuring that you obtain the highest quality diagnostic images.
- Complete directions for positioning during radiographic examination help you take high-quality radiographs for accurate interpretation.
- Radiographic exposure guidelines are provided for each species and radiographic view, so you can determine optimal settings and technique.
- Line drawings are superimposed on radiographic images, so you can identify anatomic structures accurately.
- Alternative imaging studies - including CT, MRI, ultrasound, GI, urogram, and other contrast media studies -allow advanced diagnostic interpretation.
- A companion CD includes all of the radiographic images in the book for digital monitor viewing.