Concise Review of Veterinary Microbiology
by P. J. Quinn
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: - (13 Nov 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405108983
- ISBN-13: 978-1405108980
Great introduction to bacteriology, virology and mycology with reference plates on specific microorganisms.
From the authors of the successful textbook Veterinary Microbiology and Microbial Disease comes an accompanying revision guide. Containing just the essential information that students need to pass their exams, this book covers eack microbiology topic in a double page spread. Key facts are combined with clear and informative line drawings and tables to make remembering easy.
From the Back Cover
This book, following on from the authors′ previous publication, Veterinary Microbiology and Microbial Disease, presents essential information on veterinary microbiology. Using a double–page format, detailed diagrams illustrate morphological, cultural and other features of pathogenic microorganisms, and comprehensive tables are included to explain the habitat, differentiation and role of microbial pathogens in disease production.
- Introductory chapters explain the basis of microbial classification and describe terms used in subsequent chapters.
- Diagrams are used extensively to present important information relating to veterinary pathogens
- There are 33 chapters on bacteriology, 8 chapters dealing with mycology and 23 chapters on virology
- The pathogenesis of diseases produced by individual microorganisms or groups of microbial pathogens is reviewed
- Chapters on antibacterial agents and disinfection are included.