NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 2468 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: "Bees" - Rudolf Steiner

Status
    Work
    Pre-Veterinary
    Country
    Portugal
    Total Posts
    Total thanks received
    Thanks for this post
    Pre-Veterinary I'm from Portugal

Default "Bees" - Rudolf Steiner

Rudolf Steiner, "Bees"
    Steiner Books | 1998 | ISBN: 0880104570 | 240 pages | PDF | 1,8 MB

In 1923 Rudolf Steiner predicted the dire state of the honeybee today. He said that, within fifty to eighty years, we would see the consequences of mechanizing the forces that had previously operated organically in the beehive. Such practices include breeding queen bees artificially.

The fact that over sixty percent of the American honeybee population has died during the past ten years, and that this trend is continuing around the world, should make us aware of the importance of the issues discussed in these lectures. Steiner began this series of lectures on bees in response to a question from an audience of workers at the Goetheanum.

From physical depictions of the daily activities of bees to the most elevated esoteric insights, these lectures describe the unconscious wisdom of the beehive and its connection to our experience of health, culture, and the cosmos.

Bees is essential reading for anyone interested in understanding the true nature of the honeybee, as well as those who wish to heal the contemporary crisis of the beehive. Bees includes an essay by David Adams From Queen Bee to Social Sculpture: The Artistic Alchemy of Joseph Beuys.

The art and social philosophy of Joseph Beuys (1921–1986) is among the most influential of the twentieth century. He was strongly influenced by Rudolf Steiner's lectures on bees. The elemental imagery and its relationship to human society played an important role in Beuys's sculptures, drawings, installations, and performance art. Adams' essay on Beuys adds a whole new dimension to these lectures, generally considered to be directed more specifically to biodynamic methods and beekeeping.
    password: elib4vet.com
    Hidden contents (Our Amazon affiliate links)
    You must click 'Thank You' before you can see the data contained here. You can purchase this item from Amazon with discount through our amazon affiliate link.
    BUT You DONOT have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
    Please Register to see contents.
    Last edited by polinik86; 15th March 2011 at 12:08 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
    Thanks

SLAVE TO THE RHYTHM

Status
    Work
    Small Animals Practice
    Country
    Belgium
    Total Posts
    Total thanks received
    Thanks for this post
    Small Animals Practice I'm from Belgium

Rudolf Steiner is more a matter of religion or philosophy than science....

So if anyone could give a review for this book it would be easier to value it.
    My philosophy for communication:
    Always assume the best and friendliest interpretation of my words that you can, I have no reason to be a rude dude at all, except you force me to!

Thanks

Banned

Status
    Work
    Large Animals Practice
    Country
    Palestine
    Total Posts
    Total thanks received
    Thanks for this post
    Large Animals Practice I'm from Palestine

mirror link:

Hidden contents (Our Amazon affiliate links)
    You must click 'Thank You' before you can see the data contained here. You can purchase this item from Amazon with discount through our amazon affiliate link.
    BUT You DONOT have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
    Please Register to see contents.
    Last edited by Micotil; 15th March 2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Thanks