• Hello Guest,
    We are experiencing difficulties in sending emails. It related to our platform and how it handles the requests. We are working on it. For now, we are using manual methods in sending emails. Please check your SPAM folder as well. Please let me know if you're still experiencing any issue? Use the Contact US at the bottom of the page to reach out.

Best regards,
    VETeLiB Admin

Can Animals Suffer From Anxiety Too?

Molexxaem

Reaction score
Canada Pet Owner
We think of psychological disorders like anxiety and depression as uniquely human problems, but can animals suffer from anxiety too? How can we know when they cannot say that they are sad or happy? What are the symptoms?

What are the symptoms?
Behavioral inhibition is a very common symptom in cats... that is, a reduction in "normal" behaviors, especially when someone is watching. Anxious cats, for example, will often wait until nearby humans are absent before eating, eliminating, etc. They are highly likely to refrain from behaviors associated with positive emotions, such as play. They maintain a state of heightened arousal, even when still with eyes closed (you can see their ears move with sounds) - they don't sleep deeply.
Because anxiety, fear, and depression are so detrimental to welfare these signs are discussed at length in behavior texts.

Hi, furmom here. I just wanna share the clinic I know that can help your furbabies in this issue. They have the best customer service. They always make sure you and your pet isn't left unattended. They have a website with all their contact information: https://mywellingtonvet.com/. Great clinic!

Back