• Hello Guest,
    We are experiencing difficulties in sending emails. It related to our platform and how it handles the requests. We are working on it. For now, we are using manual methods in sending emails. Please check your SPAM folder as well. Please let me know if you're still experiencing any issue? Use the Contact US at the bottom of the page to reach out.

Best regards,
    VETeLiB Admin

Systemic Pathology of Fish

nkduy

Reaction score
Vietnam Non-Veterinarian
A Text and Atlas of Normal Tissue Responses in Teleosts, and Their Responses in Disease
by H. W. Ferguson

41pltyrgsalsl500sy320.jpg

Pages: 263
Publisher: --
Edition: 1st., 1989
Language: English
ISBN:
978-0813801476

Description

This is a histopathological description and atlas of normal and diseased tissues in common species of fish that are found in a range of environments, both freshwater and marine, and from farmed, aquarium and wild situations. It is a veterinary text of pathology in fish. This set of notes was originally intended as an aid to graduate students coming from a comparative pathology background, and who therefore already had a fairly good grasp of the basic principles and jargon appropriate to the subject. They were meant to illustrate some of the ways in which teleost fish respond in a range of disease situations, and to compare and contrast these responses to mammals. They were never intended to be an exhaustive list of aetiologies, but were aimed primarily at the diagnostic pathologist faced with a section of fish tissues, possibly for the first time.

Note

This is my hard work. I would like to give Vetaqua and Animal this book as special present

for their kindness!

Note

NOTE: Just for elib4vet.com.
Please do not share outside the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Text and Atlas of Normal Tissue Responses in Teleosts, and Their Responses in Disease
by H. W. Ferguson

66239a0531c8e7175f94b20.jpg

Pages: 360
Publisher: --
Edition: 2nd. Revised, 2006
Language: English
ISBN: 978-0955303708

Description

This is a histopathological description and atlas of normal and diseased tissues in common species of fish that are found in a range of environments, both freshwater and marine, and from farmed, aquarium and wild situations. It is a veterinary text of pathology in fish. This set of notes was originally intended as an aid to graduate students coming from a comparative pathology background, and who therefore already had a fairly good grasp of the basic principles and jargon appropriate to the subject. They were meant to illustrate some of the ways in which teleost fish respond in a range of disease situations, and to compare and contrast these responses to mammals. They were never intended to be an exhaustive list of aetiologies, but were aimed primarily at the diagnostic pathologist faced with a section of fish tissues, possibly for the first time. The first edition seemed to appeal to a far wider audience than was originally intended, and it sold out rapidly, as did the second printing. The publishers were understandably keen to see a second edition, but after only five years I did not feel that our understanding of disease processes had progressed significantly to justify the effort. However, it is now seventeen years after the first printing, and the book is long overdue for a rewrite, even though I still question whether my own level of understanding has advanced markedly!
One of the major attractions for prospective students contemplating entering the field of fish pathology is the chance to work with a brand new disease entity. In few other areas would this be possible. When constantly faced with new diseases and new pathogens, in a wonderful but sometimes bewildering variety of different species of fish, there is no substitute for morphological pathology as the initial approach. As last time, therefore, I have attempted to set out each chapter in a similar fashion. An overview of normal is followed by the general response of each tissue to disease, and then a few specific diseases. Inevitably the diseases chosen to illustrate these processes are in large part a reflection of the interests of the writer(s) as well as of the commercially important fish species. Mostly they are taken from routine diagnostic material. I have tried hard to integrate the text into a readable whole, cross-referencing chapters to each other, and leaving as few gaps as possible. Once again, the text assumes a reasonable working knowledge of pathology and the jargon appropriate to the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link is no longer valid. Please update if possible.

Back