The HIDE-Function

Always leave some blank lines between the thanks-Tags and the Link if you place it all after another, then it probably could get automatically merged by the Editor, so the thanks-Tag becomes a part of the link, so both functions will not work!

something like:

thanks-Open-Tag

Content to thanks

thanks-Close-Tag

and not:

thanks-Open-TagContent to hideHIDE-Close-Tag

There is a new Button for the thanks-Function, this one:

hidebutton.jpg

IF you might not find it in the Quick Reply Editor, then go to the advanced one!

But never post any links without Hiding them!

Last edited:
It must look like this:

hideyc.jpg

Anything you want to thanks must be written between the given thanks-Tags!

And all LINKS in ebook- or Journal-Postings must be hidden!

Once again in easy steps:

First you mark the links or text or any content to thanks with your mouse, the background should be highlighted in blue, then you push the Lock-Button and those thanks-Tags are automatically inserted, surrounding the content to be hidden.

If it all does not work you can also type the thanks-Tags with your own fingers around the content.

Then use the Preview Function and see if your Posting will look like as it should....

If it all works you see a box like this:

...respectively YOU being the original Poster of the hidden content will be able to see the link, but within this certain box!

To see MY hidden content here, you have to push the Thanks-Button!

Suggestion: I think you might highlight this article at the top as you do other important threads. Not fully assimilating this preventing me from making correct posts for a long time. I now know:

[ H I D E ] link [ / H I D E ]

[Note: Explanation on line above inserts space before each letter so the tag doesn't actually work, so just take the spaces out to get correct format.]

Also in person account settings:

Settings -> General Settings

Miscellaneous Options
Message Editor Interface:
Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Now I can do some serious sharing :)

Currently the Lock- or thanks-Button is somehow invisible, but the function is still working, just click between the PDF-Icon and the Music-Note-Icon in the Editor (the lower line just on the right side!).

And even if it was not working you still can type the thanks-Tags with your own hands!

Back